When an image is deployed to your target instance and the emulator starts to run, it will connect to the license server to obtain the licenses. So before deploying an image you'll need to set up the license server.
A license server authorizes a user to use the product or any of its components. You can choose from a software-based license, hardware-based license or a hardware-based license with Rational® Tokens.
This video is part of a series of IBM Z Development and Test Environment tutorials:
1. Configuring a Storage Server
2. Adding a Source Environment
3. Creating an Application Component from IBM Z
4. Creating an Application Image
5. Creating a Docker Target Environment
6. Configuring the License Server
7. Provisioning to a Docker