A conversation on IBM Cloud for Financial Services
From 5500021X6T 5500021X6T on July 20th, 2020
2. IBM announced some significant progress with its IBM Cloud for Financial Services today. Why should business leaders in financial services be excited?
3,. You announced the IBM Cloud for Financial Services and your collaboration with Bank of America before Covid. Has the isolation economy changed how your clients are thinking about this capability?
4. . What are the specific attributes that make it suitable for FS? Are there specific security or regulatory compliance certifications?
5. . What types of workloads do you see moving into the IBM Cloud for Financial Services - will it include the mission critical applications from both banks and their ecosystem partners? Is the industry ready to move and build workloads and applications in a public cloud?
6. Is the FS public cloud primarily for Banks and other financial institutions and their ecosystem partners? Can you explain how ISVs and SaaS providers will participate and why that is so significant?
7. What’s in this for the Lines of Business - do they care? Is there an innovation angle for the LoBs?
8. What’s IBM’s differentiation? Can I get this capability from other cloud providers?
9. Let's say it's 6 months from now. I've moved a VMware workload that's key to my business into IBM Cloud for Financial Services. That means I have implemented security and controls for automating compliance with industry regulations. What's my strategic next step towards getting business results from being in a public cloud?
10. If I'm an IT leader at a big bank, and I've been ready to take advantage of public cloud, how do I get started with IBM Cloud for Financial Services?
Q. As I understand it, IBM Cloud for Financial Services is available in the US first. Explain that and what it means for me if I'm not in the US. (GTM angle)
Q. Think about this FS public offering about three years from now. Where do you anticipate it will lead?